Frequently Asked Question
Maintenance Alerts – Introduction
Maintenance Alerts are triggered based on the current run time or date as compared to the next scheduled maintenance for that task.
View / Print / Complete a Maintenance Alert
- On the Vessel Home Page, click View/Complete Maintenance Alerts to view maintenance that is currently due.
- All tasks are organized by System and Equipment and can be sorted by any of the fields by clicking on the underlined header.
- Click on the Task Description to view task details, Print the task, or to Complete the task.
- To complete, Click Complete Task, which will open the History Manager window to record the details. See below for more details about History Manager.
- In addition to the details above, the View Alerts/Complete Maintenance page provides a number of advanced features to manage maintenance using the Task Actions pulldown on the right side of the page. Using Task Actions maintenance tasks can: be completed, be rescheduled to a future runtime or date, be dismissed, have the maintenance frequency changed, have alerts turned off, be viewed, or show task history. Each of these Task Actions is fully described in the Knowledge Base in the What are maintenance Task Actions on the View/Complete Maintenance Alerts page and how are they utilized? FAQ.
- The Maintenance Forecast fields at the top of the View Alerts Page/Complete Maintenance page can be entered to expand the alerts list to include maintenance that is coming due in a specified number of runtime hours or days in the future. These fields can be used together or individually. Once entered, click Submit to list the additional tasks that are coming due based on the parameters entered. Click Reset Forecast Hours/Days to bring the forecast back to 0 hours / 0 Days.
The History Manager window includes the following key fields:
- Type - Preventative maintenance is planned or recurring maintenance such as oil changes. Corrective maintenance is a repair, like cleaning a clogged heat exchanger. Modification is a change to the original configuration such as the installation of a different type of water pump. Dismissed will mark the task as dismissed and will reset it to the next due date based off the date entered and the frequency of the PM (Use Dismissed only when the task can’t be completed, and it needs to be pushed to the next maintenance interval). Warranty is a reminder that this maintenance/equipment is covered by a warranty.
- Date - Enter the date that the maintenance was performed. The date field defaults to the current date, but a task can be back dated by clicking anywhere in the date field and modifying the date.
- Hour Performed - The hours field defaults to the current engine hours, but the hours should be changed to reflect the engine hours at which the service was performed.
- Owner Parts Used - For parts listed, enter the number of onboard parts used. This will automatically reduce the onboard inventory when the history entry is closed.
- Inventory Parts Used (For Fleet Customers Only) - Click Add Inventory Parts and then search for parts using part name, part number, manufacturer, etc. Choose the appropriate part(s) from the list below and then click Add Part to the right of the part.Enter the Quantity of parts used to the left of the parts listing in the History Manager.
- Other Parts Used - Click Add Other Part to enter parts that were not in the onboard inventory in the freeform fields Part No and Part Name and Quantity of each part used.
- Notes - Enter notes to document the maintenance. In particular, details about repairs should be entered to provide useful history.
- Supporting Documents - Using the WheelHouse standard document uploader, documents can be added to a history entry.Documentation such as test data, invoices, photos, etc. may be added.Click Add Document to choose the appropriate file(s).
- Performed By - Owner/operators typically enter their name or initials. For vendors, enter the company name.
- Cost - Enter the cost of the maintenance in normal currency format.
- Actual Job Hours - Enter the time it took to complete the task.
- Click Update Information to complete the history entry and save the data.For PM’s, saving the history entry will remove the alert from the active list and set its next due date/hours based the tasks frequency and last service date/hours.
- History entries are stored under the History Tab of the individual piece of equipment.